Monday, January 4, 2010

Kara's Winter Break Session

Several months ago I had my first portrait session with Kara and it was a huge success. She had never modeled before nor ever been photographed by a professional photographer. Kara is a 2nd year student at Florida State University and that means a lot of down time when it comes to modeling for fun. Nevertheless, she promised me after her last shoot that whenever she's in town we can work together.

Currently, I am working on a presentation for the photography students at McFatter Technical Center in Davie, and her return home for the Christmas break was perfect for both of us to work together again. She wanted to do a session on the beach, but it was too windy for that, so we settled for a swimming pool location at a friend's home. Although, I didn't get a lot of time with Kara, she was busy working during the holidays, I did appreciate this brief opportunity of creating a new set of images with her.

Kara is already back at school, but she should be home during Spring Break. I promised her that we'd finish this shoot at the beach the next time she's home. So, stay tuned; she gets better with each session. The following images are from her warm-up session because we ran out of time for the swimsuit portion.

Enjoy!

Willie

I just love Kara's face and
those big beautiful eyes.

Kara certainly has the look that could win the
2010 Miss Florida Pageant and I'm going to
encourage her to give it a try.
Go Kara!
I played around with this image in post-production and
love the final results. A little Avatar look here....
I learned that Kara is a volleyball player which
explains the exceptional muscle tone in her legs.


Camera Equipment: Canon 30D w/70-200 mm IS lens, Canon 550 EX flash in a Doug Box softbox, Sekonic L-758DR, & Pocket Wizards Plus II

No comments: