Saturday, November 15, 2008

Solaris In Concert

There's an old adage that says: "Music is a universal language". I want you to meet one of the artists that is spreading this language in her own unique style: Jaime Allen (a.k.a. Solaris). Jaime came to my attention when I was visiting the new neighbors of a business that had just opened in the shopping plaza where our studio is located. While visiting with Sam and Debbie (owners of The Spider Web) and checking out the decor of their store, I noticed one of Jaime's CD on the counter top. Immediately, I was drawn to the fantasy-like aura about her and became intrigued with the idea of photographing her.

To make a long story short, I contacted her through her website, told her that I'd love to photograph her, and gave her a link to my site so she could check out my work. She emailed me back and said she would enjoy having a photo session with me. Weeks had gone by and we were not able to get together, but finally she was in concert and I drove to Miami to cover her on stage. This was not the portrait session that I had in mind, but it was neat doing my thing while Jaime was doing her thing on stage. I'm looking forward to images that I'll be creating of her at a later date. Then you'll get to see the other side of Solaris.

Willie

French is her native tongue,
but music is her international language.
The first three shots where created
of Jaime
underneath an overhead light
while she sat in a chair getting
makeup applied .

Jaime pouring her soul into her music.Jaime got really personal here....

No comments: