Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Samiya Johnson's Maternity Session

First, I want to congratulate Samiya Johnson who is expecting her first child. Samiya is due to deliver ANY DAY and we got her maternity session in under the wire. One of the photographic specialties that Portrait Corner Studio LLC offers it clients is fine art maternity portraits. We rarely have to advertise this photography because most clients usually have seen what we've done for another mother-to-be, then they contact us about a session.

Samiya came to us by way of our makeup artist Krystal Bianca. I'd only talked to her over the telephone and she had some ideas of what she wanted in portraits. Other than that we hadn't met in the studio to formally discuss the details of how we conduct our maternity sessions. Nevertheless, as soon as she walked into the studio I knew she was going to be the perfect subject. One look at her "perfect" belly and pretty face I knew we had that perfect combination for creating the type portraits that will either end on my studio wall or used as samples for future clients.

Enough bragging about Samiya. Take a look at some of the portraits from her session and see if you don't agree.
I've also included several portraits of Rick because he was such an accommodating and cool guy during the entire experience.

Enjoy!

Willie









Samiya's perfect belly glows
with good lighting on it.





Rick was a great support subject
for Samiya during the session.




I've added some new enhancements
to my images and this one is a hit.










Samiya & Rick were awesome together.


One of Samiya's request was for something different,
so we added a little grunge look to the session.






I love the lighting in the portrait
and Samiya's perfect posing.







The majority of my maternity sessions are photographed
in the studio, but I'm really enjoying the ones outdoors
.

No comments: