Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Elmer Stacy - 95 yrs Portrait Session

Meet Elmer Stacy. He's 95 years old, lives in Dania Beach, loves the University of Kentucky, and is an awesome gentleman to photograph. I've known Elmer for some time and when his granddaughter, Michele Amsdill, asked me could I come over to his house and take a snapshot of him I said, "No". I informed her that he deserved a professional portrait session in honor of his age. Michele promptly advised me that she could never get "Grampa" out of his bibs for a formal shot. I told her to trust me on this one.

So, here was the plan that I devised. Michele was to tell Elmer that I needed him to model with some bunny rabbits for my Easter promotion. We'd take some formal shots first, then he could change into his everyday outfit for the bunny shots. Elmer agreed and it was just that easy.

Well, Michele, I think we pulled it off. Never underestimate the power of a professional photographer and bunny rabbits!!! You've got some fantastic portraits of your "Grampa" at 95 years of age. It was so precious seeing the tears in your eyes as I was photographing Elmer. They've etched in your heart this priceless memory of him. My only regret is that I forgot to capture a picture of the two of you together. Perhaps we'll do that one when Elmer hits the big 100 hundred!!!


Enjoy!

Willie








This is my favorite portrait of Elmer.
What an elegant man.






The hands of time that have worked through change.






Now that's a COOL "grampa". My
idea and Michele's sunglasses. Elmer
loved every minute of it.










Let's here it for "bunny power!"

Note: Double click images to enlarge preview


To view a slideshow of all Elmer's portraits,
click the play button below.

No comments: