Friday, April 9, 2010

Andrew's 1st Communion

The following 1st Communion session of Andrew was a delightful change from the traditional portrait session that we capture in the studio.  It was the idea of Andrew's mom, Vicki, and I'm really pleased with the casual, subtle treatment of this theme.  Although I captured many of the traditional poses associated with a 1st Communion, I truly wanted to enhance the personality of Andrew in a very striking way.  I wanted viewers of these images to be drawn into this young man's youth by using unique camera angles and body language.  I wanted each images to be a "slice of art".

I'm looking forward to creating more 1st Communion session in this manner.  It was fun and Andrew (and his brother) had a blast.

Enjoy!
Willie







Andrew, mom, & little brother.



















Grandmother with Andrew.

To see enlarged previews, double click on images.

To view a slide show of this entire session, click on the play button below.

No comments: