Monday, August 3, 2009

Yolanda Britt's Pregnancy

When Yolanda Britt called me about creating her maternity portraits I knew it was going to be the start of a wonderful relationship. She'd seen pregnancy images that I'd recently done of one of her friends, and she was excited about us photographing her and her husband. Many times a "mother-to-be" has to muster up the courage to come in and expose her belly, but there was no hesitation from Yolanda about doing the session. I think the fact that she had the opportunity to see her friend's amazing images and to discuss with her what transpired during the session is what gave her the confidence to be photographed.

Now, I must give plenty of compliments to Lawrence, Yolanda's husband. Instead of being uninterested and bored about the entire event, he was a willing participant and made the session special. This is Lawrence and Yolanda's first child. I'm certain that the images we created together will make this moment in their lives and marriage a memorable experience for years to come. I wish them and their baby many happy days of bliss and love with several portrait sessions tucked in between the growing years.


Congratulations, Yolanda and Lawrence!

Willie

No comments: