Wednesday, October 22, 2008

40 Years Celebration

On Friday, July 18th my wife (Eddie Mae) and I celebrated 40 years in our relationship as husband and wife. (Yeah, I know I've kept this secret from my readership for a few months now). What an event it was for her because I secretly planned a surprise vow renewal and private reception for us at the Holiday Inn on Sheridan Street and I-95. The guest list included our pastor as officiant, family members, work friends, and acquaintances.

The significance of the event was special to us because we initially got married on our lunch breaks while I was serving in the U.S. Air Force and stationed in Little Rock, Arkansas. At that original ceremony there were only five of us in attendance at the base chapel and not one photograph was taken during that special day. Often when I’m consulting with prospective brides I inform them that their wedding portraits are NOT for them. Their photographs are for their children and family and will become future keepsake memories. I truly wanted to have similar memories preserved for my children and family. After all, it is about family.

To wrap this up, I’m not certain about anyone else, but I had a great time and look forward to our 50th Anniversary! Woo-hoo!!

Accompanying this blog are all the page layouts from our album. It was unique selecting the images that I liked and then designing the pages for myself and Eddie Mae.

Family, friends, and work acquaintances.Willie and his girls. Everyone putting on their best dance moves.

Officiant: Mark Haumschilt (www.sheridanhills.org)

Wedding Coordinator: Dana Hill (aka Wedding Coordinator-zilla!)

Photographer: Fred Brinson (www.brinsonbfp.com)

Cake: Maria (www.cakeabilities.com)

Florist: Debbie Malaga (www.flowersnthings.com)

Hotel: Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport (www.holidayinn.com)

A special thanks goes out to all our family and friends who help make the night a wonderful event that Eddie Mae and I will treasure forever. Finally, although I forgot to extend my gratitude and appreciate during the toast, I want to thank Dana for all the hard work she spent planning EVERYTHING for the occasion. (Can’t wait to see my credit card bill). And, a big “thank you” goes to Fred for the awesome framed canvas portrait that you gave us as a gift the following day. It’s the BEST portrait we’ve ever had created, and now I can say: “I have a “Brinson””.

No comments: