Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Portrait - By Bob Mayes

Several months ago I had the distinct pleasure of meeting noted artist Bob Mayes at the Living History Park in North Augusta, SC. I absolutely fell in love with Mr. Mayes' work. As Bob says it, "Everything I do is with a number 2 pencil". Here's a link to his site; check out his work: Bob Mayes Artist.

One Saturday while we were downtown at the Augusta Riverwalk selling his artwork, he did a quick sketch of me that I appreciate and enjoy viewing. It's not often you get to be the subject of a noted artist. I will treasure this art piece for years to come. Thanks, Bob, for letting me hang out with you. I get to admire your work up close.

The best compliment I've received about this drawing is when
I first showed it to my wife she asked, "Who is that?"
I had to tell her, "It's me!"

No comments: