Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wisdom From My Dad #1

Six years ago when my father passed away, I sought after claiming for myself an old worn and tattered Bible that he kept by the table where he parked his wheelchair. A quick review of the opening page of the Bible revealed that it had been given to him on October 2, 1971 by New Hope Baptist Church.

This Bible intrigued me for numerous reasons. One being that it had the look of being well read (see the photo below), and two it had some personal notes about our family tree and numerous personal quotes of wisdom he'd jotted down. I'm not certain on the dates of these quotes, but they are very timely words of wisdom and insight
and I'd like to share them with you from time to time.


You may not be able to pay for all you want,
but you will pay for all you get.

No comments: