Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jessica Morris - Protege

Meet Jessica Morris, my new protege. Over the years I have had numerous photographers come into my life and we became friends and fellow photographers who have spent a lot of time learning our craft and sharing our knowledge. Jessica was introduced to me by her husband (Paul) who informed me during a brief conversation that his wife was into photography. In parting I gave him my business card and told him to tell Jessica to check out my work on my website and give me a call if she wanted to discuss photography.

The following day I got an email from Jessica saying that she loved my work and would love to learn from me, so I agreed to take her on. We scheduled our first photo shoot together with a new model, (who didn't show up), so we spent an hour taking still-life images at the Riverwalk in downtown Augusta. All-in-all it wasn't a busted trip because we got to scout out some great locations for future senior and portrait photography sessions.
And, Jessica got her first new lessons under her belt.

So, meet Jessica and check out a few of the images I took at Riverwalk so that I hadn't wasted my time. Welcome aboard, Jessica, I've got plenty to teach you if you willing to learn.
I think we're going to make a great new team.

Enjoy!
Willie

[Double click images to enlarge viewing]

Start with something simple...
...and add in a little technique such as a panorama.
I'm learning that "spaces" are a huge part of composition.

Location: Riverwalk, [downtown Augusta]
Camera: Canon 30D w/17-55mm IS lens
Post-production: Adobe Lightroom 2.5 & Adobe CS3

No comments: