Monday, May 5, 2008

Miracle Babies

Gloria & Rich Anton are the type clients that enjoin themselves to you and make you a part of their family. I’ve had the privilege of knowing Rich by way of his father (Robert) who has served as both Sheriff & Mayor of my hometown. In fact, it was Robert who insisted that I was Gloria and Rich’s wedding photographer because of our friendship. Shortly after their marriage Gloria and Rich had twin babies (Jared and Angelina) that were born several months prematurely. I was so honored when they invited me to come to the Intensive Care Unit and photograph them caring for their precious babies. (See the first picture below). I have never been so moved by the selfless dedication a newly married couple could displayed while caring for their children. I witnessed firsthand the physical strain they were going through, but at the same time I saw the strength of their faith that their babies were going to be fine.

To make a long story short, five months after that hospital session Gloria called me again to photograph Jared and Angelina. I was blown away when she wheeled them into the studio. They were so full of life and absolutely beautiful! It was one of the most exhilarating baby sessions I’ve ever had. From that session I made a large wall sample, and I every time I look at it I’m reminded about the first time I met and photographed Jared and Angelina. To see them now I realize they are truly “miracle babies”.











There is nothing more precious than children that are loved by their parents. Thank you, Gloria and Rich for this awesome experience in life. God has truly given you two beautiful miracles.

No comments: