Monday, May 27, 2013

Great Smokey Mountain Scenes

If you are not afraid of heights and you love the splendor of nature and have a sense of wonder at God's creation, then taking a trip to the Great Smoky Mountains is a must for your "bucket list"I can now say that I've been there and seen it.  Oh yeah, the drive is not for the faint-hearted, but every twist and turn of the highway (and let's not forget the inclines and steep grades) is all part of the adventure.  If you like the smell of hickory I also promise you that your nose won't be disappointed.  I think I'm still smelling hickory after being home for days now.

I wish I could say that I had a fantastic time on this 4-day trip, but I was sick as a dog the entire time.  In fact, I ended up in the doctor's office when I finally got home (a severe case of bronchitis...something I've never had or can remember ever having.  In my restless sleep I'm certain I cried out on occasion for a mountain man to come shoot me and take me out of my misery!).  

Therefore, there are NOT a lot of images that I was able to take.  The experience was worth every mile and minute though.  Maybe next time.

Enjoy!

Willie

Click on images to enter slideview mode

 
The Hill Gang

 Our travel agent gave us two pair of sunglasses to show 
off in so we had to give out a shout to her. Those puppies
                really shaded your eyes too!  Thanks, Ann.















I can see clearly now with my Trip Quest Travel sunglasses!





Water en route to the grist mill house.

 Butterflies were everywhere at the Mingus grist mill.


"Wild Bear" is real...the buffalo is "suspicious".

We didn't have time to visit the museum, but it looked very inviting and interesting from the exterior.  This was "real" Cherokee country.  Even the street signs were in the Cherokee's native tongue. 
Some NBA team ought to draft the guy 
behind me to play the post position.











































































































I love creating panoramas.  The following are a few I made.

Mingus Mill.  The mill is a historic "Grist" mill built in 1886 that's still functional today.  It is turbine powered instead of using a large waterwheel.
A view from the hotel parking lot at sunset.


 The views from the mountaintops were breathtaking and the wind was comfortably chilly.

Camera:  Canon sx150
Post: Adobe Lightroom & CS3
Travel Agent:  Trip Quest Travel

No comments: