Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Donlys

I've know Mimi and Bo Donly for years. I guess my relationship with their family started when Mimi was a student in one of my Digital Photography classes that I taught in Adult Education. That was several years ago and I don't teach that class any more, but Mimi still comes by the studio frequently to ask me questions or show me how well her photography has progressed.

So, it was natural for her to contact me for family portraits. I'd made a portrait of her family years ago, but she needed an updated one. The grand kids were older now and this time she was bringing along her mom. We met are one of the parks where I like to photograph large groups and we spent an hour photographing EVERYBODY! Some of my favorite images are of the kids who managed to get involved in a little tree climbing. I provided Mimi with an image that she used for Christmas cards, and I must admit it looked perfect. Mimi, thanks for keeping Portrait Corner Studio in your family.

Enjoy!

Willie

P.S.: After Dana saw your images she realized that Bo presented her high school diploma to her when she graduated from South Broward High School in 1988. Small world!

All the DonlysThe neat part about the Donly's family
session is that I got to meet Mimi's mom.
Bo & Mimi showing off the love
Sarah and her family.
All the grand kids.
Jay with his son and Theresa.
While photographing the individual families,
I noticed the boys climbing this tree and
managed a great shot of them.

No comments: